Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Holidays in Korea!









Wow time is flying! I cant believe that its almost New Years! This time last year I was in practice running countless suicides and having two a days getting ready for the second half of the season! Now I am Half way around the world about to spend the new years in a New Country! Not to mention that I will have the opportunity to celebrate two New Years!! The Solar New Years in which WE celebrate back home in the states and also the Lunar New Year which is Jan 26th and 27th in which most Asian countries recognize as the New Year!

So Let me give you a quick quick quick update of what has happened in the past Week. I am going to type really fast so please excuse my grammar and all of that! Ok I was super excited about being in another country for Xmas bACk home Xmas for the past couple of years has always been a good time to relax take some time off of basketball..But there was always the thought of having to go back to practice so didn't get to enjoy like I really wanted to! But looking back at it now I miss it! Anyways Xmas eve me and my friends. Mike from chi town and joe from Australia via the states, and sue from Canada and states we all went to a famous place to shop called Dongdaemun at least I thought I was going shopping! Ok in my contract it says that if your payday falls on a holiday which is the 25th so xmas falled on my payday. You should receive your pay on the 24th! Ok So I was so amped to get paid..I get to the bank and my money is not there! So I could have gotten mad which I was Little but there wasn't any reason to get bent out of shape there was nothing NOTHING I could do! I checked on Xmas it wasn't there! then finally the 26th I called my co teacher and calmly asked her Why I wasn't paid. She told me that the lady in the office forgot?! lol haha hahhaha all you can do is laugh really lol....hahahha how do you forget to pay an employee! I tell you what One day I should not show up to school and say that I forgot however Two wrongs don't make a right...Long story short My money was put in my account that day resuming my Holiday! I WOULD not let that Major incident get in the way of me enjoying my Holiday!

Fast Forwarding to Xmas! Its funny to me how small the world is. A friend I went to college with is from Japan! Her family moved to Korea about a year ago! I got a call saying that she was in town for break! It was perfect timing it was good catching up with things going on back at home and at school and also seeing a familiar face was something I appreciated for the Holidays!!

I am still enjoying my time here trying to pick up on the language! Tomorrow I will go and have an exchange lesson with one of my friend and his co teacher. We will go and speak English in exchange for Korean lessons. It's a good way to learn about Korean Culture as well as share your own with Koreans that normally do not often get to speak English! IT WOrks out great for both parties!

Final Thoughts: TO live here in Korea you have to be able to go with the flow. Plans, itinerary , and things change on the drop of a Dime. In a sense you have to have patience, understanding, and a willingness to grow. IN MY EXPERIENCE AND I am not speaking for all NATIVE ENGLISH TEACHERS HERE! I am speaking for myself "In my experience here thats the biggest thing I would say that very few things are planned and at a drop of a call your whole day could go the other direction. However with that said! Korea is a great place to meet different people around the world! Experiencing a different culture and way of life and also a chance to take a break from the norm...All in all the GOOD def out weighs the BAD!!!! SO as I always say! Until next Post! Always Always Always! Remember lifes good!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lmao
she forgot