Friday, December 12, 2008

Attention: Board with your Desk job, Just Graduated, Want to see the World, Lovers of Asia, and want TO travel on a free ticket. South Korea is for U!

I am the type of person I am going to give 100% or I am not going to do it all. If I am feeling something I am going to do it. If I have any doubt I will not go through with something. Also my friends always joke around and say I like to exaggerate some things but I don't think its exaggerating I think it's I'm passionate what I am doing and want to share with others. Yesterday, I was talking to an old friend catching up and expressed to her I was in Korea teaching English. I told her little bit about it and how it came about. So I figured I would make of post of those people that are interested. Once again I never know who is reading this blog I just post information and hope that it gets read more importantly its my way of giving back...

Teaching English in Korea
Requirements

Native English Speaker from- USA, NEW ZEALAND, GREAT BRIT IAN, SOUTH AFRICA, IRELAND, AUSTRALIA, and CANADA

Degree from any credited University

Documents you will need

The signed contract
Your original degree
Sealed university transcripts (unopened)
Copy of the Info Page in your Passport
4 color passport photos
A Signed copy of your resume with correct address and contact information
Criminal Record Check

MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW WILL IT BENEFIT YOU! (IMMA KEEP IT funky and real with You)

The Benefits

Round Trip Flight to and from Korea (I thought it was a joke! I did not come out of my pocket for my tickets. It was taking care of by my agent Teacheslkorea.com soon as I received my visa!) Before I knew it I was on a plane from DC- DETROIT-TOKYO-KOREA

Usually you will work M-F and work total amount of 22 hours. Which is about 4 classes a day (What they do not tell you is that you are at work from 8:30 to 4:30) However you are not working the whole day. School is out and kids go home around 1. So from 1- 430 its free time to do whatever you choose to within the school. In my time I email. Keep up with the site. Talk on skype. Watch videos. Try and learn Korean and talk to my other Co Workers.

Paid every month 2,000,000 yes 2 mill Won(It used to be about 1 to 1 but because of the economy it has gone done slightly but you can still save a good amount of money) sometimes more depending where your contract is.

Paid Vacation

20 Vacation DAYS

Health Insurance Coverage

AND THE MAIN REASON OR BIGGEST REASON I AM HERE FREEE HOUSING!!! (Yes, people free!!! the rent is free) back in the states living is your biggest expense eliminate that and you free up more disposable money to go towards something else.

Also benefits they dont list but that I am going to list!

Great people. meet people from all over the world. teaching is fun with the kids. always have money in your pocket. great public transportation. emerging yourself in another culture. communicating with someone who doesn't look and speak like you! All in all its a great Opportunity and I just want to share with others that are still not sure if they know what they want to do and want something different. Any questions don't hesitate to ask or email me at lyons.jered@gmail.com


1 comment:

A said...

i need to go to korea!!!

sadly ive still got more schooling to do...