Monday, December 15, 2008

Constructive Criticism

After coming back from a great weekend. The last thing I wanted to do was start off the week jaring off at the mouth with my Co teacher! As I stated before me and my co teacher get along fine off the field so to speak. Outside the classroom we are fine we talk and share are cultures with each other. However in the classroom we arent the greatest duo in education history lol. I think are main problems is communication. I keep telling here as we get to know each other and what we need to do we will be good. Anyways to make a long story short we had a spat this morning when disscusing the lesson. That spat opened up a can of worms of how I am not pulling my weight, sit at my desk, just walk around the classroom etc. Granted that is indeed what I do at times because she does not involve me in the lesson at all. So I just sit there. So therefore she does most of the lesson and I chime in from time to time when she asks me to do something and conduct the game. Well after our spat today it was all good. I was teaching the class myself! and she was there for discplinary actions and translating here and there!

This is how it should be! I should be teaching 70% and she should be teaching 30% before it was the other way around! Once she saw that the kid's were having fun! and were comfortable with me up there teaching she was at ease...I am a passionate person I do understand constructive criticism. Playing colliegate basketball has taught me that. Being able to take advice and learn from mistakes is very important in the work field or anything you do! My Co Teacher/ Boss told me the things she wants to see from me and thats what I am going to do.

I simply was being me during the lesson today and I believe that she saw the potential and the passion when I was teaching. This does give me hope for the future as I am still feeling my way around teaching! No one wants to feel unappreciated or that their doing a bad job! I just think our problem is communication and everyday we will get better at that...Until next time... Enjoy the photos below...And coming soon is VIDEO BLOGS FROM LUNCH, Health Club, Korean Cribs, and English Festival...Until next time I hope all is well and always always remember lifes good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds EXACTLY like me and my co-teacher. Other teachers have told me that they feel the same way but your exact story is one of many of mine.

Anonymous said...

That sounds EXACTLY like me and my co-teacher. Other teachers have told me that they feel the same way but your exact story is one of many of mine.

Anonymous said...

That sounds EXACTLY like me and my co-teacher. Other teachers have told me that they feel the same way but your exact story is one of many of mine.