Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Finding the Next Move


Its 2:27 am on a Tuesday night I should be sleeping because I start work tomorrow after being off for the past two weeks. I want to get my thoughts out before I head to bed. In the night time is when I have time to reflect on my past and thinking about my future.


I was watching one of my favorite movies Finding Forrester and I found myself absorbed in the movie thinking about the future. I think why I love the movie so much is because I was very similar to the main character. I went to a private school in High School to achieve "a better education". I was a standout athlete on the basketball team so I believe some teachers didn't expect much from me. I always felt the need to go above and beyond to prove myself that I could do the work that was given. Anyways to fast forward my thoughts I have been here in South Korea for 5 months now. I am starting to put light pressure on myself to figure out my next move. I have always struggled with doing what society forces you and steers you thinking you have to go to grad school to get a decent job. Should I just find a normal job and live low key? Should I come back and do a second year of teaching? My thoughts are I want to do what I love and that's basketball. In some shape form or fashion I want to be around the game. This film recharged my thoughts about the possibilities of being a GRADUATE ASSISTANT (assistant on a basketball team while studying for your masters). Tomorrow school starts back up so I will have plenty of time to get back networking, sending emails, and getting information on grad school. For now I am just going to try and be a sponge to this Korean culture and do my very best at teaching.


This Months Activities Will Include


Basketball game every Saturday Night in Feb with my Team x-bulls

Visiting Cheongju

Preparing for the John Legend Concert

Following up on some Saving Goals

Networking back home for the next move


p.s. If you haven't seen Finding Forrester I suggest that you download it and watch it! Or get to your nearest video store and rent it

2 comments:

DomHyo said...

I can def relate to the going against the grain of society...haven't seen finding forrester so maybe ill check it out.

Anonymous said...

when is the john legend concert?