Saturday, February 14, 2009

Lighten up on the BUS!


Last night my friend and I wanted to get out of our city just for awhile. So we hopped on the bus and went to the next city over and met our other friend. The three of us just hung out and basically talked the whole night until about 12 or so. We talked about life, home, and Korea etc. Anyways as we are on the bus coming home we are talking on the bus. We are not talking loud! We are not using profanity or talking about anything inappropriate. We are simply having a casual conversation until an older lady turns around and motioning us to be quiet. I found this to be EXTREMELY RUDE! I sat to myself thinking no this lady did not turn around and shhh me! I sat there I didn't respond back to her in anyway. I simply pretended that she didn't exist. As I go on talking the bust driver starts FLAPPING AT THE MOUTH. hahhaha I have no clue what he is saying but I know he is telling us to be quiet! Now I don't know if it was because I was a foreigner or if he was in a bad mood and didn't want to hear noise. Either way I thought it was very disrespectful and rude. I could understand if we were so loud that we were disturbing the ride of others. However we weren't! We were sitting right across from each other talking in a calm tone. I have noticed KOREANS are uptight when they ride public transportation. It's as if everyone is mad at the world. I know for a fact they always talk about happiness and being happy. Geez!! they even have a WORLD KNOWN COMPANY! in LG where there slogan is LIFE'S GOOD!! Wow? that's interesting if LIFE'S SO GOOD do me a favor and LIGHTEN UP ON THE BUS! just thought I would share that with everyone...Hope everyone is well peace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah they were havin a bad day. But I noticed that from Asians that ride the bus in San Francisco. An Asian told me that's how they act on the bus. Don't try to figure it out.

Big PAPPI

AK said...

It's not uncommon man... It happens a lot... Ben and Justin almost got into a fight over it... Welcome to the club... One guy actually hit Justin on the back of his head and kicked Ben... SO Shushing ain't that bad... Keep your chin up...

De'Shay Turner said...

haha...old Korean lady gave you the shush huh? haha. Thats funny man. All a part of the experience I guess.