Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday's eArly EvENING Thoughts

Its been a minute since I have gotten on here letting everyone know how I was doing. So before I go and pick up my clothes from the cleaners I thought I say something before leaving. I am still on vacation. I do not go back to school until next Wed which will be the 4Th of Feb. The vacation was really chill. I was trying to make it out to Shanghai with some of boys out here but that fell through. It still was a good feeling to know that I could take a trip and it would have no effect on my pockets that was a great feeling. I used to be the person that wanted to be on the paper chase. I am realizing that money comes and goes . However its a great feeling to know that I have the monetary means to do whatever I want with in reason. In the states the little money that I did have went straight to bills and gas for my car. I was literally living check to check. Anyways fast forwarding. I finally got a new computer out here. It cost me 630,000 Won which is almost equivalent to 430.000 USD something like that. It was a tad high but it was one of the cheapest I could find. I was just looking for something to check my mail and get on skype so it serves it purpose.
I am looking forward to the New Year there will be some changes happening at my school that I think will be beneficial to me. They are renovating my class room and I am getting a new Co- Teacher. I will def keep everyone posted on that.
Lastly, I did want to mention that being away from home and hearing bad news is very strange feeling. I mean bad news is bad news wherever you are. But there is something about not actually being there that hits home. About a week ago I received word from my Mother that a close friend of the family and church member passed away. I knew that he had been sick and I had been praying for a speedy recovery for him for awhile. I was not expecting him to pass in the time that he did. It home. Honestly, Its hard to describe the feeling. I do know that the brother was full of KNOWLEDGE I mean full! He was one of those guys in your family when you had a question about black history or anything he would know every answer to every question. To tell you the truth whenever I think of black history I think of Brother Frazier. I'm blessed to have been raised around positive Black Males to pattern my life after so that I can stand as a monument to the ones that came before....

I just wanted to take some time and def reflect on his passing. I guess God is collecting his Angels right? until next post. Liefs good

No comments: