Thursday, February 12, 2009

MUSIC= A universal Language

I am sitting in the auditorium of Taebong Elementry school as I get my thoughts out for this blog. Monday is Graduation day for the 6th Graders.
In the ceremony there will be a prelude that will be played by some of my fellow co- workers. Usually when everyone comes to work it is to teach. There are not
many times where you get to see other teachers in another light because the time you share with them is at school. Well today I had the chance to connect
some more with the teachers at my school through the gift of music. The day for me ended when it started lol. I do not mean to be funny but the school year does
not start until May 1st so until then the school is undergoing maitnece and construction of certian areas in school to prepare for the upcoming year. I was walking around
the school searching for something or someone to talk to. I decided to go upstairs to where the graduation is being held. I opened the door to melatotic sounds of the piano,
chello, and violin. I wish I would have listend to my parents and kept up with it! They always told me I would regret and sure as the day is long I def regret it.
Three teachers whom I adore professionally and personally. The way that the three of them where effortlessly playing made me feel some type of way. They always say
that it is never to late to start learning how to play an instrument. It was good for me to see them in another light than teaching. Also I don't know why I am surprised
it is very common for at a young age for Korean kid's to take intstrument lessons and stick with it. However I was really surprised when the one teacher that was playing the
chello stopped playing and laid the chello ever so gently on the floor and hopped on the piano as if she never played the chello. All three of them played multiple instruments.
For this brief moment the four of us spoke the same language. We all enjoyed each others company and the passion for music. Today was a very dark and gloomy day in Korea
however with the sounds of all three instruments blending together made my day! I can honestly say this is what I invisioned when I signed the contract to come to Korea
not only did I want to give part of my self to the school in which I would teach at but in Some way I wanted to connect with my school and Co- workers on a personal level and that is exactly
what is happening here. Today made me realize that this was the best decision that I could have made for my life at this point and time. Needless to say Im happy about life. Im happy about my
deicsion your boi! is doing it super big. Until next time remember always always! LIFES GOOD

No comments: