Friday, February 20, 2009

Stepping Up









Wow! This has definitely been a good week. I came back from having some time off for the past couple of weeks. When I left they had started construction on the English Zone (the section of the school that is designated strictly for English purposes). I honestly don't know if this will improve the kid's English but I hope so. If anything else I think it will generate an excitement for the kid's to be excited to learn. I know that just being around the whole process has created excitement for me. I feel that I have to step up to the plate now and really deliver. Taebong will have state of the art facilities, resources, and equipment. Before all I had was a book to teach from and limited materials. Now sky is the limit. I also feel like I need to step up to the plate and deliver. My school has involved me alot with the planning and construction of the zone. I have given valuable input of what things should be added or taken out. I have given names to certain areas in the zone as well as hand pick inspirational phrases that will be posted throughout the zone. Also this week my school told me that they want to hire another native English teacher as well to be in charge of the after school programming. Even though I have many teachers at school with whom I talk to on a regular basis. It will be nice to have another native English teacher with me there as well. Here are some photos of what the zone is looking like so far

1 comment:

De'Shay Turner said...

Thats good stuff fam. Tight that they let you in on tha process too. Keep makin moves!