Tuesday, May 19, 2009


My thoughts on teaching. I believe teaching is so powerful. I never thought in a million years I would be an English Teacher. I always try to come to school with a positive spirit! With over 1000 kids many of them don't get a chance to interact with me. So when some see me I want to give them some sort of interaction that they can remember. That's just the type of person I am. Recently, we had Teacher Appreciation day. Usually, teachers are swarmed by gifts and candy from their students thanking them for the candy they gave or a fun game they played during the year. I didn't get many gifts or candy. However I did happen to receive warm felt letters that let me know that I am doing a good job. Many students came up to me and gave hugs (I know awkward from western standpoint but in Korea it is typical) None gave candy. And two gave letters. I wasn't really expecting much but it definitely felt good to be acknowledged. It reminded me of a story in the Bible I grew up reading. Jesus had healed ten lepers and out of that ten! Only 1 came back to say thank you. So I def appreciated the letter! Just wanted to share that! Hope everyone that is reading is well and in good spirits! LG...LIFES GOOD

No comments: