Wednesday, January 21, 2009

History is mADE and LiFE iS gOOD!

I feel like its completely necessary to get some of my thoughts and feelings OUT about the inauguration. With both of my parents growing up and living in DC and me being raised for part of my life around the area. I feel the need to get some thoughts to real ease how it feels to be away from History but at the same time connected.

First, I want to state that I am by no means a political buff. I will admit that I have not be in tune with politics the way that I have tuned into this year's election. The biggest issue for me was that when I was young looking through the text books. I didn't see people that looked like me. Their was no people of color or different ethnic background. To me that sent a wrong message that I couldn't be in politics because the color of my skin. Now some reading may disagree with that statement or say that it's false. However I promise that is HOW I honestly felt. Then the problem thickened when I would go to church and here the Pastor say that " We are all Equal created after his Image". Well in my mind if we were all Equal how come I don't see people that look like me hold certain jobs!

Now by no means am I trying to turn this Election into A Racial debate. It's been a long time since I have had the pride of being AMERICAN!! The only other time was when we won GOLD for BASKETBALL THIS PAST SUMMER..hahha. Seriously, I am proud to be American. I am proud to be from the DMV area and always will... And I am proud that my Kids will look in the history books and see someone that looks like them. They will be able to say I CAN DO anything!!! I put my mind to! History has been made! I feel little distant but at the same time when I walk around and Koreans shout to me OBAMA and run up to me and give me hugs!! I know Change is being made!!! Until then people!!! HISTORY IS MADE AND LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!

1 comment:

Daniel aka Vito said...

i was there and i loved every sec of every min i was there... priceless experience