Thursday, November 06, 2008

One Post about it & im done!

I feel the need to get on my blog and express my feelings the way I like. The one thing I do like about America is the freedom to choose your own religion, beliefs, and speech. Since this is my blog and I am not forcing it down anyones throat or writing on their walls and so forth...Those that know me...Know that I do not like to get involved with politics. I do keep up with what is going on in the world. It is always good to be informed however I have my issues with Goverment and so forth as a whole. However yesterday I did feel proud it was an unexplainable feeling! In my lifetime I have been through alot regarding Racism. I have been in situations that have hurt and often led me to the simple question of WHY? I believe that the media has tarnished the image of the African American Male. Now usually the people kids should look up to are their parents. For males their fathers! However it is a sad case that many of our African American Fathers are not around for whatever reason. Please please read carefully it is not about race. However having the most powerful looked at position in the World position held by a person of a different hue other than White speaks volume. Young males such as myself can now have a positive person to look up to...Not to imitate or agree with every word or every action. But to see that you can make a change and difference to those you come in contact every day!

That is what I am trying to do here in KOREA!!! That is why I wanted to come!!! When I WENT to Turkey & Greece in the summer of 07 in some parts I was the only black person those people have ever seen!!! They welcomed me as If I was there own!!! The same circumstance is how it is for the city that I am at in Korea. Yes, Koreans are up with the times! I HAVE everything here I had at home. However the city where I am at many have not had interaction with an African American! The school I work with from the princple to my co teachers to the kids! They make me feel nothing but welcomed and warm. In return I want to do the best job possible getting these kids to learn Englis. No two days are alike. Teaching is def a fullfilling I always knew it could be or would be. But not to this extent! Since I have been here I have been working with a group of 10 students on a english musical that we would preform in front of 30 different schools throughout my city. This was a big event. To watch them practice day after day and go out there and nail their performance I felt proud!!!

I am all over the map with my thoughts. But I just wanted to say. I am not a drug dealer. I am not a theif. I never went or plan to go to jail by Gods grace. I try to be upstanding. It's just me EVERYTHING IM NOT MADE ME EVERYTHING I AM....I just want to change lives in a positive way!!! but that is all for now!! until next time...Lifes good

No comments: