Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Feels good to be back

Summer was crazy to say the least. I enjoyed being back home hanging out with my family and friends. The timing couldn't have been any better though. I just felt that I left premature the first time around. I wanted to at least say that I tried Grad School and Coaching. I def miss Coaching. I was blessed to work with a great group of guys and Coaching staff. However I don't miss school at all lol. Anyways, fast forward! Ok so this is my second week working at N-KIDS ACADEMY. It is so different than my public school job! I went from teaching 35+ kids in one class to 5-6 advanced students. I love it! I actually get to cover material that I enjoy and I also get a chance to be more creative. In Korea we often have debates about whats better teaching in the Public School or Private School. Both have their Pros and Cons. I encourage everyone that is deciding to teach English in Korea to weigh their options and do whats best for YOU. I will try to make a post about what I BELIEVE is better Private School vs. Public School. Overall it's good to be back! I enjoy teaching my work hours are low. I don't start work until 2:30pm I live close to my school. The city I work in is 45min from Seoul. I have everything I need in my city. The shopping is def going to be a problem we have everything. I will take some pictures and post some up! Anyways I hope all is well with everyone!

2 comments:

kabridgestra said...

I am very happy I came across your blog. I have been back in the US since Mar and have struggles ever since to not pack and move back to Korea. I came home to finish my thesis and take care of some things back home. Now I am finished and considering law school to going back to teach. Korea had its good and bad, but I just miss teaching. I miss my kids, but I wanted to be a lawyer forever. I write all this to say I am happy to here after you came back and did what u felt you needed you went back to Korea. It is nice to know that someone else was in my position and I appreciate your blog.

Anonymous said...

haha, you're back. i didnt know you came back. Nick and i are still at our same schools and same apartment in Suwon. we just started our third contract. but we'll be leaving korea next October 2011...we're ready to go home.
~jennyfer hester